Wednesday, January 17, 2018

...a year later

I'm so lame. It has already been a year since I last blogged, and I have so much to catch up on. I don't really know where to start, so I will start at the beginning and just go over the big events. Hadley had a wonderful 1st birthday party held at our house. We had dinner and dessert and opened presents with her family around. She loves all of her Grandpas and Grandmas. Sometimes it feels like she loves her grandmas over her mom. She always will choose them over me, hahaha its okay, I love that she loves them so much!

We had Priest Lake again this summer, beginning of August. Priest Lake is always a party. We had so much fun seeing family and spending some time with them. I hate that everyone lives so far away. I only get to see some of my siblings 1-2 times a year, so it's a big party when we do all get to come together. We played some good ol' beach volleyball and spike ball. My parents also rented a jet ski that we got to go out on the lake. As a kid when we would go to Priest Lake, we would tube all day, now I find myself wanting to just relax and enjoy soaking up the sun. Being a mom has also played a huge impact in that as well, not just age. My parents also bought a blow up hot tub that we all race to get into once the cover comes off, since there are limited seats. I am so thankful for my grandparents for providing a wonderful cabin, where I have made some of my most favorite memories. Hadley was old enough to play in the sand and sit on the paddle board with her mom. I love watching her being able to grow and develop and do things that she wasn't able to do the year before. She loves playing with her cousin Blakely who is only a few months older. I love my family and cant wait to see everyone again next summer. 



Hadley was so excited to see Santa. When she saw him, her face lit up. She grabbed my mom's hand and dragged her to the stage where he was sitting at the ward Christmas party. She was smiling and wanted so go see him. When it was her turn, she hesitantly walked up to him. She got scared and starting frowning, but no tears came. She sat on his lap and bravely waved back at us. Santa gave her a bag of treats that made her feel better. I was so proud of her for being so brave!
This year was Christmas on the Casper side, so my family decided to spend it at the lake, since we love the lake. Jessica was unable to make it, we missed her a lot. We started out sledding down the driveway hill, but Tyler M. found this other hill that was quite the hill to walk up and intense coming down. A few people hit trees and I even had a branch hit my eye, but it was fun and worth it. Some of the men documented coming down it with their phones. It was a blast and by the end of the week, the kids were even going down it. 
It was magical watching the kids see what Santa had brought them. I loved watching how excited they were. Hadley got some coloring stuff, dress and shoes, and bubbles from Santa. She loved what she got, but she doesn't understand it all quite yet. I cant wait until she learns about Santa.
Once again we set up the hot tub. It was so cool sitting in it surrounded by snow. I love hot tubs!
We ate a ton of food and treats. At night we would play games and watch movies. We also had some intense games of Mario-Cart on Nintendo 64, definitely brought back some old memories. On Christmas Eve we went to Newport/Priest River Sunday Christmas Program. It was beautiful and we were all impressed with the performances that were given. It was a wonderful introduction to Christmas. 
Prior to Christmas we had a christmas party at the Berry's shop, it was good seeing family and meeting some of Briar' relative. We had some competitive games that brought everyone's crazy sides out 😉
We also had a dinner with the Carlisle's at my house. We opened presents together and got to spend some quality time together which was very nice. It was sad not seeing them on Christmas day, but this kind of helped make up for it. 







Right now we are kind of unsure what life has in store for us. Briar is currently unemployed and I am working twice a week at Lourdes hematology/oncology clinic. We are unsure if we will stay in this, area (hope so) but I have absolutely loved the year we have spent here close to family and friends. We hope 2018 will be just as good to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment