Thursday, January 14, 2016

2015

The year 2015 has been a very good year for Briar and I. We started off the year with a big move into the city life.

February 2015 we moved to Beaverton Oregon and lived in a small apartment. Briar got the job of his dreams working with Nike. He continues to loves working there, and we feel very blessed that he was given the opportunity to work with such a great company. He loves the atmosphere and the people that he works with, which makes it that much better.

In May 2015 I was able to snatch a job up with Providence St. Vincents Medical Center working as a registered nurse on the float pool team at night. I had a really difficult time finding a job even with a year experience, which was a surprise to me. I guess there isn't a big shortage of nurses in Portland. I had a really hard time with this job when I first started. I do not do well staying up all night, I need my sleep or else I get cranky. It probably did not help that I was working at night in my first trimester of pregnancy. In October I was thankfully able to switch to day shift. I am enjoying my job more, and the people I get to work with. It overall has been a great experience.

In June 2015 We found out we were pregnant with our first little baby. We are so excited to be parents. we feel so blessed to welcome a baby girl into our home in just a few short weeks. We cant wait to meet her.

Tanner also came home from his mission in June of 2015. We missed him so much the 2 years he was gone. Glad to have my favorite little brother back from Missouri/Oklahoma. He is such an example to me. I feel so blessed to have a little brother that is also one of my best buds. He continues to make me want to strive to do better and choose the right. Love ya tanner.

In July 2015 we decided to buy a new home that would be finished getting built in November 2015. It was a lot of work figuring everything out financially and getting all the paperwork turned in that was needed, but now that we have moved our home feels like home.

August 2015 we welcomed a new member into the family, RYAN. Ryan and Paxton got married at a cute little pond in Eltopia called Hunter's pond.Their wedding was very beautiful. Jennifer put a lot of work and time into decorating, planning, and setting up; you could definitely see the results. Paxton looked stunning all dressed in white, walking down the isle. Ryan is a lucky man. Their was a delicious dinner afterwards, with a rocking dance floor and DJ. It was so much fun. Definitely a great experience we had in 2015 that we will never forget. Welcome to the family Ryan, we love you!!!

September 2015 we found out we are having a baby.......GIRL! Briar and I were both shocked since we thought we were having a boy, but we both are so excited to have a little girl. Her nursery is coming along just nicely. I will have to post pics. Sometimes I go in the nursery, sit, and visualize about the time when the room will be occupied. We love her already!

In November 2015 we moved into our home located in Forest Grove, Oregon. It is so nice being out of an apartment and further out in the country. We still have next door neighbors, but we both feel like we have more room to breathe. It's a cute little neighborhood and will make a wonderful place to raise a family.

Sadly, 2015 wasn't all happiness. Grandpa Price passed away in October. We know he is in a better place where he can remember everything, and he is able to be with his wife Glena. We love and miss him, but will see him again one day.

Those are a few of the things that made 2015 special to us. We are sad to see it go, but excited to see what 2016 has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment